October Events Up Ahead

Pride+flags+lining+the+walkways+through+the+library+lawn.+Pride+Week+at+FGCU+kicked+off+with+a+block+party+in+the+library+lawn+on+November+28%2C+2022.+
Jessica Piland
Pride flags lining the walkways through the library lawn. Pride Week at FGCU kicked off with a block party in the library lawn on November 28, 2022.

Date: Oct. 3

Name: Resume Workshop

Time: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 201

Description: Join Career Events in a workshop where you will review resume formatting and content tips to help you create professional resumes. You will also learn how to best articulate your skills and experiences when applying to career opportunities.

Date: Oct. 3

Name: Take a Break-fast

Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Place: West Lake Village Community Center

Description: Take a break with RA’s Sarah, Ronique, and Sophia and enjoy homemade pancakes, fruits, and other breakfast foods. Learn about self-awareness with the Breakfast club and learn about sustainability at a face mask and blanket tie table.

Date: Oct. 5

Name: BINGO

Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 213

Description: Join the Ice Skating club for one hour of Bingo in Cohen 213.

Date: Oct. 5

Name: Latinx Gala

Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 201

Description: The Latinx Leadership awards and shines a spotlight on outstanding individuals- students, faculty, and staff- who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and unwavering support for the Latinx community. Their stories inspire us all to strive for a more inclusive and united future.

Date: Oct. 7

Name: iLead Summit

Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 201

Description: Join the Multicultural and Leadership Development Center in their annual one-day conference-style leadership program part of the iLead Movement. This program is intended to connect FGCU student leaders, faculty, staff, and community partners while promoting collaborative efforts, the development of leadership skills, and building lifelong relationships. Don’t forget to RSVP.

Date: Oct. 9

Name: Pride 365: Pride Parade & Block Party

Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: Pride week is hosted by the FGCU pride Committee- a coalition of student and campus departments. This week events celebrates students, faculty, and staff who identify within the LGBTQ+ community.

Date: Oct. 9

Name: Halloween Movie Night

Time: 6:22 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

Place: Edwards 112

Description: Join the Ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated for a spooky movie night with a showing of Coraline.

Date: Oct. 18

Name: Pumpkins and Paddles

Time: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

Place: FGCU Waterfront

Description: Campus Recreation is inviting you to their annual Pumpkins and Paddles event. There will be smores, pumpkin painting, popcorn, paddling, and more. There will also be a movie on the big screen outside starting at 7 p.m.

Date: Oct. 30

Name: Costume Party

Time: 8:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.

Place: AB9 (Water School) Room 138

Description: Join the Black Student Alliance for free food at their costume party and contest.