Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

Photo by Unsplash

Halloween is approaching, and those who do not have their costume yet are in luck, for this is the master list of how to look your absolute best this spooky season. Halloween is the time of year when you can be anyone and anything you want but what you want to be is in some of the best costumes of 2023. These costumes are guaranteed to earn you a trophy at a costume party and the best candy on the block.

Hey Barbie! As you may have guessed, the first grossing costume on the market is Ms. Barbie herself. Barbie was the movie of the summer as it earned a hearty helping at the box office and is now the inspiration for fun and eye-catching costumes for both boys and girls. The Barbie universe has every Barbie you can imagine, which gives many different costume options for all Hallo weekend long! All you need is a pink outfit and some bedazzled accessories and you can be any Barbie you imagine. For example, Western Barbie can be achieved with a hot pink blouse and pants combo and a bright white cowboy hat. For every Ken whose job is beach, a fun Hawaiian shirt, sandals, and board shorts will get you a “Hi Ken,” every time guaranteed. Barbie and Ken make for the perfect couple costume and perfect for large groups.

Someone call Cousin Itt because the second-grossing costume on the market in 2023 is the Addams Family! Make sure you stretch your legs before you hit the iconic dance as Wednesday Addams this Halloween. Wednesday is perfect for the opposites of Barbie who appreciate the darkness of the spooky season. All you need is a black dress, a braided wig or braided black hair, and a mean scowl to look just like a member of Addams Family. The Addams family includes characters such as Morticia, Pugsley, Gomez, Uncle Fester, and Lurch. This costume is fantastic on its own but it can also be a couple’s costume or group costume! As long as everyone frowns, likes the dark, and dresses in black, this costume is guaranteed to never be forgotten.

Will you be the Travis Kelce to my Taylor Swift this Halloween? The new it couple is the third top-grossing costume on the market this season. Taylor Swift has brought us so many iconic looks to recreate from her recent Eras tour that will outshine your competition. Taylor is a strong independent woman on her own but for couples and best friends, accompanying her as Mr. Kelce will surely turn heads. Any Chiefs gear will work. If you don’t have any on hand, simply dress in red, gold and white, and know every song by Taylor Swift and you are winning that grand prize at any costume party. Don’t forget to be a gentleman or your next year’s costume will be Taylor Swift’s newest album.

For the “bros” that follow the “bro-code,” Oppenheimer and Einstein are the top duo for you and your best friend. The final top-grossing costume on the market is from the summer blockbuster Oppenheimer and this is surely an explosive costume. To dress like Einstein and Oppenheimer, all you need to do is raid your grandfather’s closet for a long coat and fedora, or you can go to your local thrift store to find a piece that fits the period.From Barbie to Oppenheimer, there are hundreds of options to go as, so don’t miss out on the fun because you are missing a costume. No matter what you go as, having fun and being safe is the best way to look good and win contests this season.