Brain food: Study where you snack

When the bleak silence of the library and barren colored walls of your dorm room become too overwhelming to concentrate, you know its time to mix up your study scene. Many local eateries located around FGCU now offer free Wi-Fi to customers. These unconventional study spots will help fuel your study grind by satisfying your tummy and feeding your brain for long hours ahead. Instead of spending countless hours searching your pantry for some magical food to suddenly appear and satisfy your hunger or worrying if a fellow student will take your spot in the library, you can now study with ease.
Calistoga
Calistoga offers an array of artisan sandwiches, salads and soups to satisfy your study hunger. Feeling drowsy? Grab a cup of their refillable coffee or in house lattes, along with one of their hand crafted baked goods. Located inside of the Gulf Coast Town Center, Calistoga is in great range for FGCU students.
Address: Gulf Coast Main Street, Fort Myers, FL 33913
Hours: Mon. – Sat. 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Denny’s
As any college student knows, it’s undeniable that during mid-night high stress homework, you will crave breakfast. Truth be told, that nighttime food run for a Grand Slam at Denny’s can actually be beneficial. When in doubt, study at Denny’s. Offering free Wi-Fi to customers, feel free to whip out your laptop and textbook, relax in a comfortable booth, all while eating a stack of flapjacks. Talk about the college struggle.
Address: 9340 Marketplace Road, Fort Myers, FL 33912
Hours: 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week
Starbucks
This might not be an unconventional study spot, but there is one Starbucks that is worthy to mention. Many don’t know that there is actually a treasure of a Starbucks located only 15 minutes from FGCU off of Daniels Pkwy. What makes this coffee hub a gem? Unlike the on-campus and surrounding Starbucks’s, this one offers 24- hour service. Note: the later into the night you arrive, the more likely you’ll find a good seat.
Address: 5100 Daniels Parkway Fort Myers, FL 33912
Hours: 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week

The Rush
If listening to the sounds of island rhythms helps your study flow, then The Rush in the Gulf Coast Town Center has your name on it. The Rush specializes in a variety of coffee concoctions and bubble tea smoothies, as well as pannini’s and breakfast sandwiches. Don’t forget about Bubble Tea Tuesdays; buy one large bubble tea and get a medium for $1.00. Perfect for a study date.
Address: 10035 Gulf Center Drive F130 Fort Myers, FL 33912
Hours: Mon. – Thurs. 11 a.m.–7 p.m. Friday: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday noon – 7 p.m.