BBQ restaurant’s beer garden gives SWFL a trendy experience

On the corner of US 41 and Oakley Avenue, adjacent to the Edison Mall, lies Fort Myers’ rarest dining gem. Residing in a small, rundown drive-through station that used to be a Checkers, BurgerQue goes above and beyond when it comes to homestyle barbeque.
What sets this restaurant apart from absolutely every other one in the area is its immaculate beer garden.  As the only beer garden in the area, the aesthetics of the intimate shaded dining area is a western oasis. With sheet metal walls, an array of neatly stacked firewood and a flowing water feature, the beer garden is a small, tucked-away, eat-in paradise.
Boasting a relaxed, simple atmosphere and creatively scrumptious sandwiches, BurgerQue’s beer garden sets the highest standard for trendy yet sophisticated dining in Southwest Florida. The extensive list of craft and local beers will have any avant-garde foodie trembling with excitement over the possibilities.
When it comes to the food, BurgerQue offers a wide variety of barbecue, burgers and even all-day breakfast items. It also offers milkshakes that will send you writing home to your mama. The blueberry pancake shake is a personal favorite.
BurgerQue combines the witty food names of Moe’s with the Southern cooking of Sonny’s. With sandwiches such as the “Cowboy Baby” (which is smoked beef brisket, angus chuck, spicy pickles and coleslaw) and the “Gravy Train” (which is angus chuck, sausage gravy, a fried egg and bacon), its extensive menu will give you enough variety for a lifetime.
BurgerQue seems like the kind of hopping place a bigger city would have, while still catering to Fort Myers’ smaller suburban community. Although it’s a ways from FGCU, it’s definitely worth the drive to experience its unique and quirky foodie experience. The appearances alone will have you humbly bragging to your friends on Instagram.
One drawback to BurgerQue is its limited parking situations. The entire establishment is situated on less than half an acre so parking is slim pickings. However, the restaurant provides drive-through service as a walk up window for to-go orders.
BurgerQue also caters and has a sister location on McGregor boulevard.
Prices range from $3 for a little burger to $23.75 for a full rack of ribs.