The Link brings a fresh new taste to on-campus dining

Whether it’s curbing between-class cravings or fueling for a late-night study session, FGCU students have several oncampus dining options to satisfy their hunger. From Chick-Fil-A in the Cohen Center to Taco Bell in Howard Hall, students can choose what they want to eat, whenever they want to eat, on campus.
Now, there’s a new kid on the block when it comes to FGCU Dining. The Link, newly renovated and nestled between Holmes Hall and Lutgert Hall on the lower end of campus, is a convenient combination of several student favorites. Serving everything from a variety of snacks and candies to Jamba Juice smoothies and Einstein Bros bagels, The Link lives up to its slogan, “Provisions on Demand.”
A relaxing atmosphere, The Link stands out among the other eating options on campus. Adorned with comfy armchairs and chic high-top tables, the dining room is calming, a change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the Cohen Center. Students who wish to escape the usual crowds of Howard Hall can munch on several different types of grab-and-go sandwiches while appreciating “Cosmos,” the colorful art piece hanging from the ceiling.
“I like that it’s all open, it’s a pretty chill place,” said Austin Arden, a sophomore software major. “It’s always quiet, as opposed to the Cohen Center, so you can just head over there and relax.”
The Link also differs from other oncampus options aesthetically. Since its reopening in August, it has proven itself to be the stylish younger sibling in the FGCU dining family. With a more modern look than the other dining options, the newly renovated dining establishment has a hotel lobby-esque feel to it. Windows cover the majority of the walls, thus creating a more open, inviting atmosphere.
Another thing that makes The Link stand out among the other dining options is its vast array of food available to students. To the left of the counter are several refrigerated shelves, housing everything from soda to turkey bagel sandwiches. Several items come with the option of being pressed by the staff like the Cuban Panini, which is a favorite among students, including Arden.
“I always got the Cuban Panini (last year),” Arden said. “I’m hoping that with the renovation, the food is a bit better.”
The Link opens at 6 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and it closes at 2 p.m. Friday. For more information, call 239-590-1226.