What will you do for Valentine’s Day?

Whether your Facebook status says single or “it’s complicated,” everyone deserves a little TLC during Valentine’s Day. It’s the holiday of love, affection and – most importantly – free chocolate. Take the time out to #treatyoself and indulge in these fun and wallet-friendly date ideas.
How To Be Single howtobesingle
Alice, played by Fifty Shades of Grey’s Dakota Johnson, realizes that she needs to breakup with her boyfriend after her fourth year in college. She moves to New York to pursue her job as a paralegal and meets Robin, played by Rebel Wilson, who helps her around the city. With Robin’s partying, one-night stand loving personality, Alice learns how to love the single life.
Deadpool
Marvel antihero Deadpool makes his debut this Valentine’s Day. Wade Wilson, played by Ryan Reynolds, is a Special Forces ex-operative turned mercenary. When Ajax, played by Ed Skrein, disfigures and transforms him into Deadpool, it leaves him with super-human healing powers and a vulgar sense of humor. With help from his allies, he uses his newfound powers to find Ajax and bring him to justice.
Gulf Coast Humane Society Humane Society
Spend your V-Day playing with every breed under the sun at Gulf Coast Humane Society. GCHS is a no-kill shelter and provides veterinary services and medical treatment for all animals in its care. If you fall in love with “the one,” you can bring them home with GCHS’s Adoption Center.
FGCU PB Romance Rave
Rave V-Day away with the FGCU Programming Board from 8 to 11 p.m on Thursday, Feb. 11. Enjoy glow sticks, chocolate fountain, and a live DJ.
Students can pick specific glow stick colors to wear to represent their relationship status; green for single, yellow for “it’s complicated” and red for taken.