March Events Up Ahead

Delinah Rosario

Date: Mar. 3

Name: Sunday Stretch and Technique Classes

Time: 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.

Place: URWC Studio 2

Description: Join the FGCU dance company for a stretch and technique class where you’ll work individually on improving flexibility and technique. A new member will lead the class each week, giving tips and tricks on what helped them.   

Date: Mar. 12

Name: Women’s HERstory Month: Kickoff

Time: 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 201

Description: The Multicultural and Leadership Development Center will be hosting the Womxn’s HERStory Month Kick-off event that provides the opportunity to engage in thoughtful discussions, network with other students and professionals and learn about the contributions of women throughout history. 

Date: Mar. 12

Name: Live on the Lawn

Time: 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: Come relax on the Library Lawn and enjoy activities and free snacks between or before class with Programming Board. 

Date: Mar. 14

Name: Shazam It!!!

Time: 6:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.

Place: Cohen Student Union 214

Description: Get ready to immerse yourself in a musical thrill ride at “Shazam it” with the Caribbean Students Association.  “Shazam it” promises not only a night of music and competition but also an opportunity to celebrate the rich cultural heritage of the Caribbean. 

Date: Mar. 19

Name: Handmade HerStory

Time: 6:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: This event is geared toward empowering sorority women through DIY arts & crafts with themes of gender equity in celebration of Women’s History Month! 

Date: Mar. 22

Name: Late Night

Time: 9:00 p.m.- 11:59 p.m.

Place: Cohen Ballroom

Description: Come join Programming Board in the Cohen Ballroom for free food and activities at night. 

Date: Mar. 28

Name: Women’s HERstory Month: Empowerment Brunch 

Time: 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.

Place: Cohen Ballroom

Description: The Womxn’s HERstory Empowerment Brunch is an annual event that serves as a vessel to support all womxn both individually and collectively to develop into better versions of themselves. 

Date: Mar. 29

Name: SoulFest

Time: 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.

Place: Library Lawn

Description: Come join the Soulflowers for this year’s SoulFest. From live performances to free food and activities. 

Date: Mar. 30

Name: 3D Symposium

Time: 11:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.

Place: Academic Building 9 (Water School) Room 138

Description: The 3D Symposium: Diversity, Dialogue and Design is an engaging opportunity for participants. Through this experience, a diverse representation of participants is immersed in a learning environment designed in partnership with subject matter experts examining systemic and institutional injustices.