Alan Jackson lives up to expectations in anniversary tour

Alan Jackson performs during his show Thursday night at Germain Arena. (EN Photo / Kelli Krebs)

Alan Jackson is keepin’ his reputation as a country legend in his “Keepin’ it Country” tour this year. Southwest Florida broke out their old boots and 10-gallon hats to see him, along with Jon Pardi and Brandy Clark, kick off the 2015 tour Thursday night at Germain Arena.
Clark kicked off the night, opening with a few of her popular songs, including the witty hit  “I Hate Stripes” followed by a few covers of songs that all country fans could sing along to, and boy did they. At times she had the entire arena either singing or mouthing the words along with her.
Jon Pardi, every teenage country girl’s heart throb, followed Clark at 8 p.m. Pardi sang all his hits, including his top chart songs such as “Up All Night” and “What I Can’t Put Down.” He interacted with the crowd and gave out a couple of his picks to fans who were a little more excited than the others.
Jackson followed Pardi, greeted by a highlight reel of his successes and an excited crowd made of snowbirds who had been loyal from the start and young adults who grew up listening to him on their parents radio. Jackson, although older, still knows how to get a crowd excited and give a great show. From his slower hits like “Remember When” to his party theme songs such as “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere,” each one flowed and proved why he’s called a country classic.
I enjoyed the concert and hope to see any of the performances again. Judging by the other people in attendance, I think I speak for most of the arena when I say it was a good time. Clark, Pardi, and especially Jackson are just as good live as they are on their recorded tracks.