Music Moves the Soul

Photo by Unsplash

My life these past few years has been chaotic, to say the least. Between transitioning into college life, completing an internship in Washington, D.C., family drama, traumatic experiences and prepping for law school, there have been very few constants in my life. The one thing that has always been there for me outside of my parents and my pets is music. From Broadway to rap to pop, music is a way to express myself, and “Never Gonna Not Dance Again” by P!nk has been a sort of anthem for me these past six months.

“Never Gonna Not Dance Again” comes from P!nk’s first studio album in four years entitled “Trustfall”, which was released in February 2023. P!nk has always been a person of interest to me because of her unique musical compositions and lyrical choices. Her past hits like “Beautiful Trauma” and “What About Us” strike a chord with me, but recent events have turned “Never Gonna Not Dance Again” into a personal anthem.

From lyrics like, “I want my life to be a Whitney Houston song (I wanna dance)/I got all good luck and zero f*cks, don’t care if I belong” to “I’m never gonna not gonna dance again
So let the music play ’til the end,” this song has followed my challenging journey. I was recently diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of something that happened to me at FGCU, and it turned my life upside down. Listening to this upbeat song and its lyrics helped me to cope, and to have a more positive outlook on life.
Music has always been a big part of my life, and artists like P!nk inspire me daily to keep going in the face of challenging circumstances. “Never Gonna Not Dance Again” has helped me, and I hope it can help you to get through challenges in your lives as well.