FGCU Student-formed Band, Gudfellas, to Perform at Nectar Lab This Weekend

Jessica Piland

Gudfellas performed at the Eagle Radio Music Festival on March 23, 2023.

Addyson McCullough, Staff Writer

Gudfellas, the latest indie/alternative rock band entering Fort Myers’s world of music, is performing at Nectar Lab Saturday, April 22.

While most bands are known for certain sounds, Gudfellas is known for their ‘musical chairs’ act where they switch instruments and singers during their set. It allows them to create a unique and unpredictable sound, leaving spectators wondering who will lead their favorites in each set.

Eagle Media Business Manager Michael Patella, Vince Vena and Riliegh Russeau-Barbera formed Gudfellas earlier this year and are already honing in on their craft. The switching of instruments and singers is full of purpose and what sets them apart from most bands.

Patella and Vena are seniors at FGCU, graduating this May.

“Different songs resonate better with different members of our group,” Patella said.

Their usual set is a mix of original songs and covers, introducing new music along with paying tribute to songs fans know and love.

Gudfellas was formed in Jan. 2023 after being inspired by the Martin Scorsese film, “Goodfellas.” The trio are of Italian-American descent and felt the name “Gudfellas” was a clever twist on something they all resonate with.

The band’s next performance is at the Nectar Lab in Gulf Coast Town Center, from 8:30 to 10 p.m. There will be three specialty drinks selected by the band members, along with student discounts.

This is their first performance outside of FGCU-affiliated opportunities. As Gudfellas gains recognition within the music world, make sure to keep up with the band’s upcoming shows and releases by following them on social media @gudfellasband on Instagram and @gudfellas_band on TikTok.