‘The Wedding Ringer’ is funnier than anticipated

Hilariously funny are two words that can be used to describe this new movie that may just be the first big comedy of the year. “The Wedding Ringer” stars Kevin Hart, a professional “Best Man,” and Josh Gad, a nerd who is getting married to a hot blonde (Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting) and doesn’t have any friends to take part in his wedding.
Gad, who plays as Doug Harris, basically went through college being invisible, and now as that he is getting married to the girl of his dreams, Gretchen, and cannot find any friends to take part as his groomsmen. After calling all the men he has ever come in contact with in college, they all turned him down leaving him hopeless.
He seeks help from Jimmy (who is played by Kevin Hart). Jimmy, even though he has been in the business for so long, has never pulled off a job this big, as he needs to find seven groomsmen for Doug in one week. However he still aims to pull off the impossible and finds Doug a bunch of misfits to do the job.
Jimmy, who is now ‘Bic Mitchum’ the army pastor, brings out a whole new person in Doug—somebody he was never able to be because of his social awkwardness, and he actually gains a friend in Jimmy. Helping him with acceptance from his father-in-law and giving him the friendship he never had before because he was seen as nothing but a nerd.
In my eyes the movie had some really funny scenes and some disturbing ones. The biggest one for both being Doug’s bachelor party that ended with a night in the hospital.
The film  had many familiar faces in  the casting of the groomsmen, and they each did great job. Kevin Hart delivers great comedy and Josh Gad played the perfect nerd, while Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting played more of a background role as Doug’s fiancé. She also did a good job. For me, the movie was more than expected because I never expected it to be as funny as it was.
In my opinion,  I may think Jimmy’s job was a success, go out and see for yourself. The movie is rated R and contains mild nudity.
Note to readers: Kevin Hart will be performing at Nest Fest on March 27.