Eight shows to binge watch this winter break

Congratulations are in order because you have successfully made it through fall semester and now you get to enjoy 26 relaxing days before school starts back up. Now its time to treat yo’ self. Put on some sweats; grab some junk food, and get comfortable because it is time to do some serious uninterrupted binge watching. Don’t know where to begin? Here is a list full of recommendations.

1. “Broad City”anigif_enhanced-buzz-2218-1393440386-27

This show amusingly captures what life is like for twenty-something year olds trying to figure out the whole adult thing, such as keeping a job. It follows the lives of two best friends, Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson, and all the trouble these two can possibly get themselves into.
Where you can watch it: Hulu
Click here to watch the trailer.
How long is it: Two short seasons but that’s fine because season three isn’t too far away, premiering Feb. 23, 2016 on Comedy Central. This gives you the perfect amount of time to get ready and catch up before the premiere.

1. “Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt”tumblr_nl8redbXxX1u1zg56o1_400 (1)

A show created and written by Tina Fey, it has to be hilariously good. After being kept in a bunker for 15 years, Kimmy is finally free and is basically experiencing the world for the first time. Although she encounters some hardships, she still remains cheerful and ready to take on New York City armed with her light up Sketchers and a JanSport backpack.
Where you can watch it: Netflix
Click here to watch the trailer.
How long is it: Unfortunately, the show only has one season with 13 episodes. Since the episodes are only 28-minutes a pop, you can finish it within one day, and beg Netflix to release a second season already.

1. “Master of None”masterofnone

Netflix’s latest original hit, “Master of None,” stars Aziz Ansari who is also trying to figure out life in the Big Apple. If you ask anyone what you should watch this holiday season, I wouldn’t doubt “Master of None” gets suggested. If that wasn’t convincing enough, Ansari was nominated for a golden globe for his role.
Where can you watch it: Netflix
Click here to watch the trailer.
How long is it: Only ten episodes. Another series that can be knocked out in a day, so grab your favorite chips and get started.

1. “Gotham”gotham_header_h_2015

It’s gritty and dark. The show pulls you into the deep world of Batman and Gotham City. There are rumors the third season of “Gotham” will have a clash between Batman and the Joker, and let me tell you, that’s a dream come true for any Batman fan out there.
Where can you watch it: Season one is on Netflix, and the first half of season two is on Hulu. “Gotham” is a great way to fulfill your Batman needs until “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” hits theaters in March.
Click here for the trailer.
How long is it: So far, it only has one and a half seasons. FOX premiered half of season two and is now on a winter break before starting the schedule back up on Feb. 29, 2016, leaving you the perfect amount of time to catch up and prepare for the rest of season two.

1. “Mad Men”

madmen_logo
Take a trip back to the 60’s and see the struggles Don Draper has to deal with in the high-pressure world of advertising. “Mad Men” premiered its last season this year, so what’s better than binge watching a whole series available at your fingertips? Nothing.
Where can you watch it: Netflix
Click here to watch the trailer.
How long is it: Seven seasons total. I doubt this series can be finished in one sitting, so get comfortable and enjoy the crazy/dramatic life of Don Draper.

1. “Inside Amy Schumer”anigif_enhanced-16340-1429830802-11

Amy Schumer has had a very successful 2015 from her Golden Globe nominated movie, “Trainwreck.” So why not watch her TV series? The show has Schumer acting as diverse characters in different skits showcasing her raunchy and vulgar humor. I promise, this show has something for everyone.
Where can you watch it: Hulu
Click here to watch a scene.
How long is it: “Inside Amy Schumer” has three seasons and frankly, that’s not enough. The show has been renewed for a fourth season, but the premiere date has not been released.

1. “Freaks and Geeks”freaks-and-geeks-full-cast-e1419260207103-1940x1623

Something about watching huge A-list stars when they are just starting off is so entertaining. The show stars James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Siegel as high school students dealing with the daily struggles teens go through like dating and trying to explain to your dad that you will become a successful musician. Not only is the show relatable, it’s very amusing.
Where can you watch it: Netflix
Click here to watch the trailer.
How long is it: There is only one season, which is a tragedy. This gem of a show from 1999 had great ratings and a cult following. It’s too bad the show’s creators Judd Apatow and Paul Feig went their separate ways, resulting in the shows cancellation.

1. “Breaking Bad”giphy

This is only on the list as a reminder that if you haven’t watched this show yet, you need to get on it. This is such a perfect time to get hooked on the show everyone around you has been talking about. Now that the show has ended, you can binge watch the whole thing and then you will finally understand what all the hype is about.
Where can you watch it: Netflix
Click here to watch the trailer.
How long is it: Five amazing seasons. The first season is a little slow but stay with it because every season gets better and better.