FGCU men’s tennis adds three to the roster

As winter break comes to an end, FGCU men’s tennis begins to prepare for its upcoming spring season by welcoming three new freshmen. The three new members of the tennis team are Ezequiel Cerrini, Manfred Fellin and Javier Fernandez. Coach C.J Weber expressed his excitement for this upcoming season.
“I’m really excited about this spring’s incoming class,” Weber said. “ This is the deepest team we’ve ever had here at FGCU. I can’t wait to start working with them, and we’ll hit the ground running to make sure we are prepared for this weekend.”
The latest additions to the team will be joining Oliver Landert, a transfer from UF, who joined the Eagles roster in the summer. All three newbies will be opening in the Eagles’ next match on Jan. 8, 9 and 10.  The Eagles will host this invite at the FGCU Tennis Complex, and competition is set to begin at 5 p.m. on Friday.
This weekend, FGCU will be hosting other schools including Kentucky, Memphis and LSU. At the end of the 2015 season, all three of FGCU’s opponents were regionally ranked. Of those three, LSU and Memphis were nationally ranked.
These match ups will give FGCU and the men’s tennis team an opportunity to see what the newest Eagles have to offer.