The Boba Shop of Bonita Springs Joins The Boardwalk

Boba Tea Lovers of FGCU Rejoice

Jessica Piland

The Boba Shop has been welcomed by the FGCU community since opening on Tuesday, April 4.

Eddie Stewart, Staff Writer

The Boba Shop of Bonita Springs opened a new location at The Boardwalk on April 4. The shop will be open from 5-9 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until the end of the semester. 

For those new to boba tea, boba (or bubble) tea is traditionally a milk tea drink that contains small balls of tapioca, called pearls. The treat originated in Taiwan in the early 1980s and gained popularity in the U.S. through immigration. 

The Boba Shop is a locally owned business which opened in Oct. 2022. It’s headquartered at 27975 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, and has been hosting “pop-up” events all around Southwest Florida. 

Their Instagram bio displays the Thailand and American flag, saying they serve Southeast Asian flavors with a modern twist.

Self-described “must tries” on the menu include the Brown Sugar with Himalayan whipped cheese foam, the Classic milk tea, the Taro, and the Boba Shop’s signature drink, the Cereal Milk Explosion. 

The Boba Shop plans to remain open at The Boardwalk until May, and will return for the fall semester.

The Boba Shop has been welcomed by the FGCU community since opening on Tuesday, April 4. (Jessica Piland)