Elton John plays a sold-out show at Germain Arena

Legendary performer Elton John played a sold-out show March 9 at Germain Arena. In honor of his brand new album, “Wonderful Crazy Night,” John hit the road with tour dates in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East. As an artist who normally does not travel far outside Las Vegas to perform in the U.S., fans were excited for him to play in Fort Myers.
John had no opening act, and he didn’t need one to get the fans going. He started with a few songs from his album “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” released in 1973, includingBennie and the Jets,” “Candle in the Wind” and “All the Girls Love Alice” — all of which were huge hits with the fans.
He then went even further back in time with two of his biggest hits ever, “Levon” and “Tiny Dancer.” Both songs are from the album “Madman Across the Water,” released in 1971.
Throughout the concert, he performed songs from his new album. Although some fans were not yet familiar with them, they danced along to songs like “Wonderful Crazy Night,” “Blue Wonderful” and “Looking Up.”
Between every song, he would pause, stand up and thank the audience. A few times he dedicated songs to specific people. He first spoke about how he was a huge baseball fan and dedicated “Your Song” to the Minnesota Twins, who were in attendance. A few songs later, he spoke of the incredible musicians and performers that have recently passed. He dedicated the song, “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” to George Martin. Martin was the producer for The Beatles and was often called the fifth Beatle. He passed away at 90 on March 8.
To end the show on a high note, John played some upbeat hits such as, “The Bitch Is Back,” “I’m Still Standing” and “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting.” You can tell that he and his bandmates have lots of fun playing together. The band came over to Elton’s piano and played around him. One of them even took a video on his phone of John, then ran around the stage getting the audience in it.
The last song, the encore, was a crowd favorite — “Crocodile Rock.” Fans did not want him to leave the stage. Elton John put on an unbelievable performance for people of all generations. It was an unforgettable night.