Sexy Time: Songs to play during sex

Music has the power to transform any experience into a great one, including sex.
Some people think listening to music while having sex is weird, and it can be, if you and your partner are getting freaky to Barbie Girlor 76 Trombones. Sound, like orgasm, travels in waves, and then reaches a peak, climax and then turns. While words make us think, music makes us feel. We’ve all been in a car and heard a song and immediately been spun deep into a memory – whetherit was happy or sad. Or, maybe the energy from a concert took you out of yourself into another place. Sex is a performance that changes our level of awareness and alters our state of mind, and music can take it to a whole other level. So from my iPod to yours, here are some sexy songs you should play as soon as possible.
“Wicked Games” — Chris Issack
This song is so old, it’s new. His breathy voice is twisted around the eerie background music just like you’ll find yourself twisted around someone’s sheets when they put on this song.
“The Call” — Buddha Bar Sex Lounge
You may reach enlightenment. (If you know what I mean.)
“Intro” — The XX
Groovy, sexy, strange. You’ll feel like you’re wandering through space.
“Woman” — Wolfmother
Videogamers out there might recognize this song from Tony Hawk’s skater game. The beat is great, like Led Zeppelin and The White Stripes had a baby.
“Ooh la la” — Goldfrapp
If this song doesn’t turn you on, I don’t know what will.
“Straight to Number One” — Touch and Go
Erotic and sensual without being over the top makes this song scream sex.
“After Dark” — Tito & Tarantula
From Quentin Tarantino’s vampire movie, “From Dusk til Dawn,” you’ll get nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings from this scene with Selma Hayek.
“Control” — Puddle of Mudd
The rage, the grabbing, the chains – you could have a lot of fun with this one.
“Closer” — Nine Inch Nails
The 1 min and 35 second solo keeps going, and going and going, until you are gone.
“Too Afraid to Love You” — The Black Keys
Great for a slow tease or a sweet slow dance. You’ll be begging for more.
“I Love You, I Kill You” — Enigma
Any song by Enigma is worth checking out if you’re looking to mix up your yoga routine or spice up your bedroom activities, but this one will definitely have your Valentine’s Day rocking. Perhaps on your pink yoga mat.
“Make Me Bad” — Korn
My favorite song to play on dreamy date nights.
“Damn, Wish I Was Your Lover” — Sophie B. Hawkins
Grab your partner’s hand and get on Sophie B. Hawkins’ train. She’s a wild woman who will throw you down and take you on a ride that rocks.
“Down With the Sickness” — Disturbed
The lyrics are just too perfect.
“Sober” — Tool
This song has a trance quality to it that will make you see stars.
“Closer” — Kings Of Leon
People are so obsessed about music making the sex on fire that they forget this beautiful erotic song. The key to making a good sex playlist is not to go for the obvious songs about sex, but the songs that have a rhythm that allows you to be fully present with your partner.
“Why” —Enigma
His voice is like a sweet glass of wine. Practice safe sipping.
“Sensual Woman” —Herbaliser
I imagine this is what my column sounds like read aloud with snazzy jazz music in the background. If you actually care what she is saying about the Jell-O and the bathtub, then you’re doing something wrong.

“Rebel Yell” — Billy Idol
These classic songs pack a bunch of energy. Who says a song has to be from this decade to be hot?
“Slut Garden” — Marilyn Manson
When this song comes on, you know something serious is about to ensue. This is the song you play so your roommates will believe the bite marks on your arm were from wrestling with a tiger.
“Voodoo” —Godsmack
All sex songs need a good drum, and this one’s got it.
“Lick It” — God-Dess & She
Like a sexual Macarena, you follow this song and she’ll say ‘soy buena.’
“Lovers Spit” — Broken Social Scene
This song is for those sweet couples out there who don’t make love to Korn. It’s about how people have meaningless sex and lose their identities. I occasionally listen to it after my roommate asks me if they ever caught that tiger that escaped from the zoo.
“Crash Into Me” — Dave Matthews Band
During those romantic evenings with your partner, or spying on your crush changing through a window, this song makes you yearn for someone.
Sex, drugs and rock and roll aside, sex music is about enhancing your desire and feelings for your partner. Find songs that make you lose yourself in longing and set you free.