Annual Fort Myers Christmas Boat Parade returns

The 27th Annual Christmas Boat Parade, on Dec. 5, is approaching quickly. As in years past, decorated boats will be judged and winners will be recognized at the Winners’ Circle Party at Salty Sam’s Marina immediately following the parade.
Last year, more than 30 boats participated in the parade, and the number continues to grow every year. The Christmas Boat Parade is ranked the No. 8 Fort Myers Holiday attraction by USA Today.
The vessels will come together in front of the docks at Salty Sam’s Marina at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5. At 6 p.m., the boats will leave Salty Sam’s Marina, go past Parrot Key Caribbean Grill and Bootleggers Waterfront Barbeque and head northwest, passing by Doc Ford’s and under the Matanzas Pass Bridge.
The parade will travel in and out of Siesta Isles and go around Bowditch Point, turning in front of the Pink Shell Beach Resort and Marina.
Boats will travel past Nervous Nellie’s Crazy Waterfront Eatery and Matanzas on the Bay on the return. The parade will end at 8 p.m., docking at Salty Sam’s Marina for the Winners Circle Party.
Other viewing areas include the fishing piers under Matanzas Pass Bridge and Baywalk Fountain Square. The Salty Sam’s Pirate Cruise and Sight Sea-R are offering special evening cruises during the parade, giving passengers a bird’s eye view of the parade while cruising along the moonlit Intracoastal Waterway. The Sight Sea-R will be traveling in the parade, and the Pirate Ship will offer a great view of the entire parade from the water.
For more information, contact the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce at 239-454-7500 or visit www.fortmyersbeach.org.