Programming Board’s Winter Wonderland rescheduled after cancellation in the Fall

After rescheduling due to weather concerns at the end of the fall semester, FGCU Programming Board plans to host its annual Winter Wonderland  from 8 to 11 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 7, on the library lawn.

“This year’s Winter Wonderland has many different aspects,” said Shelby Borisman,  Programming Board director of traditions and a junior resort and hospitality management major. “We are having a few new novelty ideas as well as beloved ones from previous years.”

The event will include several different activities for those who plan to attend, some of which will bring out the inner child in you. PB will be supplying a bounce house as well as a snow maze. In addition to these aspects of the event, henna tattoos will be available for students as well as photo snow globes, t-shirts, glass etching, and Moe’s will be providing its famous queso to munch on while enjoying the festivities.

“We have never had this many novelty activities for students to enjoy before,” Borisman said. “It is going to be the biggest Winter Wonderland yet. We’ve almost doubled what was available in years past.”

Live performances, food provided by Beef O’Brady’s and Tijuana Flats, a stuffed-animal-making station and an oxygen bar will be available at the event as well.

PB will also announce who will perform at Nest Fest in 2016.

Free tickets for the event are available online on PB’s official website.